Community Sundays are a chance for us at SJC to look “out” into our communities. This may take the form of helping or assisting with a specific task, or it may be something as simple as a social get-together. It’s an opportunity for people to perhaps invite friends or family to a largely informal event, or to get involved in a project working in our communities. We have a Community Sunday on the 4th Sunday of every month, in place of our regular 10:30am SJC service.
Sunday 23rd January from 10am – 1pm
The next Community Sunday will soon be upon us, and what better community project than the St John’s Community Centre? The Centre needs some important work doing and with your help, we can make light work of it. Here are just some of the tasks we need to attend to:
- Sanding, masking taping and undercoating the skirting and door frames
- Sugar soap washing the walls and internal doors
- Deep cleaning the kitchen
- Deep cleaning the toilets
- Cleaning all windows (inside)
- Preparing lunch (jacket potato, salad etc)
We need to know numbers in advance for the catering and allocation of work, so please confirm your attendance with the office as soon as possible.